Welcome to the Youth Career Connections Summer Internship application page!
To begin the process, please click below on the appropriate page to sign up as a student intern or corporate/organization host site.
High School Summer Internships
Internships are tied to student learning outcomes at companies for 4 weeks for select incoming high school seniors. Check out our video to learn more about the program.
For any questions, please feel free to contact Yahaira Ortiz at 949-263-6142 or by email at YahairaO@unitedwayoc.org, Mee Cha at 949-263-6161 or by email at MeeC@unitedwayoc.org. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Students looking to apply to United Way's Youth Career Connections Virtual Employability Academy MUST use the following form to submit their application for consideration.
Submitting an application does not guarantee placement into the academy. Space is limited so each application will be reviewed carefully to determine best placements of students that match the following:
- Career theme of their CTE pathway,
- Minimum skill set required for placement, and
- Geographic location
- Be a current student or graduating senior at Garden Grove Unified School District
- Must have been part of a CTE course
- Must complete this online application
We also highly recommend that students participate in our Mock-Interview Workshop on Saturday, May 16, 2020.
- Earn important employability skills needed to succeed in future employment
- Earn important leadership qualities needed to transition into the workforce
- Upon completion receive a certificate of completion from Orange County United Way
6/15/20 – Youth Career Connections Virtual Employability Academy Kick-Off
6/16/20 – Networking without Nerves
6/17/20 – Microsoft Outlook & Word in the Workplace
6/23/20 – Be Ready, Set, Go
6/24/20 – Mindfulness & Work-Life Balance
6/30/20 – Transitioning into the Workplace
7/01/20 – Creating a Budget
7/07/20 – Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint in the Workplace
7/08/20 – How to Deal with Money
7/10/20 – Capstone Project Due
7/15/20 – Celebration & Last Round-Up
All sessions will be held online at 3pm for 1 hour.